Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 4: Refugees

Certain favorite bloggers of mine have taken up the assignment of blogging 31 days in a row (#write31days), and in an attempt to re-galvanize my own writing, I decided to join in the fun. The idea behind this particular blog-a-thon is to be as real and vulnerable as possible, which is (almost) always a healthy exercise. I've tried blogging marathons in the past (to varying degrees of success), and my seminary schedule does not allow for much flexibility. so the process may be fitful or short-lived, but it couldn't hurt to try!


Day 4: Refugees



You were a refugee
Displaced from your home, wandering
Through the desert
Depending on the kindness of strangers
In foreign lands
Born an outcast and died outside the city
Rejected


I am a refugee
Not from your Kingdom
But you have taken me in
Without qualification
I never earned my place in your home
But you treat me like one of your own
Adopted


Who are we
To deny the refugees?

No comments:

Post a Comment