My Advent Playlist Days 14-15: Happy Birthday to Me

So last year I blogged through the entire month of December to celebrate Advent season, and all in all it was a pretty successful venture! I felt very much plugged into the spirit of the season, and learned a thing or two about myself along the way. On the other hand, it almost killed me, so this year I embark on the same quest with no small amount of trepidation. I figured I could mitigate some stress, though, by messing with the formula a little. So this year I'm using Christmas carols as thematic springboards for my Advent blog posts. Each day I will pick a line from a Christmas carol and reflect on its meaning in the context of my/our experience with Christmas this year.


Happy Birthday to Me

Sorry folks, I skipped yesterday. It was my birthday. Sue me.


It was a lovely birthday too. Plenty of time with my family, friends, food. Ah yes. Food.

Mom got me an iPhone!

My awesome co-workers at Springfield Faith Center bought me some eggnog cheesecake from Sweet Life.


And I got me a premium quality Dutch haul.


Check those quality pics. Mmmm, iPhone.

All in all it was a very lovely day. 

Twenty three, though? Yikes. I'm, like, ancient.


Tonight I'll share with you a song that comes to mind when I think "23".

Thanks everybody, here's to another year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Most Unexpectedly Theological Films of 2016

Jordan's Top 20 Films of 2016

Listening and Resisting: Life in Trump's America