My Advent Playlist Day 4: O Come, All Ye Faithful

So last year I blogged through the entire month of December to celebrate Advent season, and all in all it was a pretty successful venture! I felt very much plugged into the spirit of the season, and learned a thing or two about myself along the way. On the other hand, it almost killed me, so this year I embark on the same quest with no small amount of trepidation. I figured I could mitigate some stress, though, by messing with the formula a little. So this year I'm using Christmas carols as thematic springboards for my Advent blog posts. Each day I will pick a line from a Christmas carol and reflect on its meaning in the context of my/our experience with Christmas this year.


O Come, All Ye Faithful




O come, all ye faithful


Come and rise up
Rise up for those oppressed
For justice
A justice which restores

Come and stand
Stand with the hurting ones
With the shoved out, the stepped on
The choked and shot

Come and lay down
In front of tanks
Be not afraid
For He is with you

Come and pray
Pray with us
With friends, with enemies
With any and every heart ready for change

Come and speak
Speak for those whose voices count
But go unheard
In a broken world

Come and be
Be resolute
Be unflinching
Be unwilling to compromise
On the worth of people


O come, all ye faithful



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm With Her (And Not With Him)

5 Most Unexpectedly Theological Films of 2016

Jordan's Top 20 Films of 2016