Advent Day 8: Winter Haikus

This year I'm blogging through Advent season. The goal is to put up a shorter post every day in December on topics related to the holiday, and I'd like to toy with some different media (music, poetry, art). I may not stay faithful to the format, we'll see, but I'd thank you to come along on the journey with me anyway. I hope this can enhance your Christmas experience as I'm sure it will mine.


Winter Wonderland
Not the same when you can drive
Land of frosty death


Frosty the snowman
Corncob pipe and button nose
He dies at the end


Little drummer boy
Played his best for baby Christ
Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum


Dem chestnuts roasting
Jack Frost nipping at my nose
Cut that crap out Jack


Snow is beautiful biz
All kinds of beautiful biz
‘Cept when it kills you


Guest entry from Sam Koekkoek:
As wintry skies sob
Beauty, and graceful splendor
Takes us by surprise



Comments

  1. Outside with my kids
    Smiles abound, until a child
    dumps snow down my back.

    People are freezing
    outside, dumb proletariat
    I'm drinking cocoa.

    (I realize my second line has eight syllables...but you can break the rules when you've mastered them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rules are for suckers.
    You can't tell me what to do!
    I'm above the law.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Most Unexpectedly Theological Films of 2016

Jordan's Top 20 Films of 2016

Listening and Resisting: Life in Trump's America