Sunday, December 15, 2013

Advent Day 15: A Prayer

This year I'm blogging through Advent season. The goal is to put up a shorter post every day in December on topics related to the holiday, and I'd like to toy with some different media (music, poetry, art). I may not stay faithful to the format, we'll see, but I'd thank you to come along on the journey with me anyway. I hope this can enhance your Christmas experience as I'm sure it will mine.

Alright, I have a killer headache, and it's been an insane couple days, so tonight I'd like to share a prayer penned by scholar and pastor Scot McKnight specifically for this third Sunday in Advent season:

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

Indeed, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment