Two new songs

Hey bloggerettes. Got a couple new songs. I'm not gonna comment on the lyrical content. They're pretty personal, and pretty specific. Feel free to venture a guess or two, but kindly keep them to yourself :)

Nobody's Home


I call you
I'm hurting
I need you
It rings and
You answer
The phone

The voice that
I hear speaking to me
It makes me
Feel so much more alone

He sounds like you
He breathes like you
But I know

Nobody's home
Nobody's home
I think that
I need you
I wish I
Could reach you
But you're too far gone

The words that
You slur in my direction
Words I know
Could not be your own
When I look into your eyes
I can see through your disguise
The demons you've been fighting have won

You know you're not the same
And yet you go on with this game

Nobody's home
Nobody's home
I know I
Don't need you
But I wish I
Could reach you
No, you're too far gone

(Up an octave)
Nobody's home

Nobody's home
I know I
Don't need you
But I wish I
Could reach you
No, you're too far gone

Are you too far gone?



He laughs

A young man with a past
A struggler and a fighter
A hero in the making but he doesn't know

Rejected and abused
But his smile shines all the brighter
The broken parts, he doesn't let them show

He laughs, he laughs, and the world laughs along
He sings and we can't help but join in with him in the song
If we knew, if we knew what a little love could do
Maybe we could all be just a little more like you

He wrestles with his Father
He refuses to settle
His hip breaks by the river, dust is clearing
He leaves the mess behind and bravely
Steps into a greater story
Answering the call that he's been hearing

He laughs, he laughs, and the world laughs along
He sings and we can't help but join in with him in the song
If we knew, if we could see how this boy will be redeemed
We'd give thanks and we'd sing praise to the redeemer

(I finally wrote a bridge)
The only thing your mother gave you
Is a name that tells the world your story
Your life wears fingerprints of the Divine
My greatest pleasure, all my days here
Most blessed gift, the highest honor
Is the chance to see and hear and know you shine

He laughs
He laughs

He laughs, he laughs, and the world laughs along
He sings and we can't help but join in with him in the song
If we knew, if we could feel how a bloodied world could heal
If we'd all just press our palms against the bleeding

We'd stop the bleeding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm With Her (And Not With Him)

5 Most Unexpectedly Theological Films of 2016

Jordan's Top 20 Films of 2016