Monday, March 14, 2011

Could you forgive me too?

Could you forgive me too?

No, of course not, what a stupid thought

What's that? You say you...

Well you must not know what I've done

That's it, you don't know

Silly of me, really, to think that you could, or would,

That I could ever be anything other than...

Why do you keep saying that?

Stop teasing me, I know better

You see, it doesn't make sense

I'm... wrong. I'm broken. Too broken. Entirely too broken!

Stop it! Stop saying I'm...

I don't deserve to be whole

I don't deserve to be new

New... new? What could that possibly mean? You can't...

You can't...

You can't take away what I've done

You can't forgive me

What? What are you saying?

Groanings too deep for words, too loud to ignore

Who am I?

Am I... my hands? Am I what I've done?

What have I done?

But I've done... do you realize what I am?

If so, please... I need to know

Am I... could I be... could it be true?

Too good to be true?

But no

It's not fair

What's not fair? Life's not fair?

If life's not fair then maybe...

You could forgive me

But how? How could you make me into anything worthy of... anything?

How can you? How could you?

You did what? What?

But I don't... I don't... I didn't...

What does that mean? What are you saying?

Why did you do it? What makes me worth it?

Who am I?

Am I... my heart? But what about the broken parts?

What about my broken parts?

What can you do?

What are you doing?

You are holding me together

What does this mean?

What do I do? What can I do?

What can't I do?

I can't ignore it

I can't pretend I'm...

I can't...

Breathe

Too much, but then...

Not enough

This, here, it isn't enough any more

I can... breathe

As if I've never tasted air

It's as if...

As if...

I'm happy

As if...

I'm worth it, but not worth it, but still, beautifully worth it

As if...

I'm whole

As if...

I'm new

As if...

As if...

I'm forgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment